How to Apply for Work and Travel in USA?

Ekipi i Busullës

155 artikuj

185 ndjekës

6. work and travel

Besides the opportunity to study abroad, many countries also offer opportunities for seasonal jobs. One of them is “Work and Travel USA” program, which enables students to gain new experiences while working in America.

The US Embassy in Prishtina encourages all Kosovar students attending university-level studies to consider participating in the Work and Summer Travel (SWT) program. In the past years, over 500 Kosovar students have traveled every summer in different cities across the USA. They share their culture and language with their host communities and gain reciprocal intercultural experiences. Participants have the opportunity to gain work experience in different fields. After having completed a job in the USA, students are given thirty days to travel to America before they return home.

How can you be a part of the program?

  • Applicants must have good knowledge of the English language, good academic results and be flexible.
  • Only regular students of accredited universities/colleges have the right to participate in this program.
  • Candidates that reapply are also welcomed, but the previous participation in the program, however, does not guarantee that future applications will be successful.
  • Each applicant should be able to tell the interviewer that he/she will return to Kosovo at the end of the program. First and last year students can apply, even though they may encounter difficulties in getting a positive response. Less than a year of university cannot be considered sufficient evidence that he/she will return. The same applies to students who have completed the lectures and only the final exams are left. They may also have difficulty convincing the interviewer that they have enough connections with Kosovo.
  • Nonregular students, as well as those attending secondary vocational and upper secondary education, do not qualify for this program.
  • Although there are no formal age restrictions for participants, applicants who are not of ordinary student age will take longer to review.

How to apply for SWT?

Local Accredited Recruitment Agencies:

Which documents are required for the application?

  • CIEE application form;
  • Two photographs of the size of the passport;
  • Transcript of student grades;
  • A copy of your identification card.

How much will it cost?

Discover America offers two Work and Travel programs:

  • Self-organized program - Where you prepare all the documents and find a job yourself.
  • Organized program – GOLD: Where agencies prepare your documents and find you a job.

What is included in the package?

  • DS Form 2019 issued by a sponsorship company in the US which allows you to work legally for four months;
  • A place of work;
  • Health insurance that covers all medical emergency expenses while you are in the US;
  • Orientation day before leaving the country of origin or arrival;
  • Assistance in completing documentation for the US Embassy;
  • 24-hour free helpline.

What is not included?

  • Airplane ticket;
  • US government fee of 35 USD;
  • Visa Tax of the US Embassy.

What can I work?

As a beneficiary of this program, you are not allowed to work in nursing, kindergartens, crewmembers or ships, but you can work almost anything else. National students are more likely to work as a hotel assistant, receptionist, maintenance crew, chef, waiter/waitress, beach guard, cashier, an employee in different departments, and many other interesting jobs.

For more detailed information visit the page below: