Position: Finance Officer (1 position)
Position reference: KS 2018/399-725 FO
Duration: 12 months (possibility to extend for additional 27 months; indicative starting date: from mid-February 2019)
Type of contract: Full time service contract
Northern Ireland Co-operation Overseas (NI-CO) is a leading partner implementing an EU funded Grant Action “Support to Kosovo Police Reform”. The overall objective of this Grant Action is consolidated and improved Kosovo Police for an effective and publicly accountable police service that respects human rights, the rule of law, operating according to international standards and practices and provides significant success in fighting all types of crimes and providing public safety.
The abovementioned Grant Action is funded by the European Union and will be implemented as a joint action between Northern Ireland Co-operation Overseas (NI-CO), Dutch Centre for International Legal Co-operation (CILC), Croatian Ministry of Interior (MoI) and the Kosovo Police.
- Recognised formal qualification in accounting/ financial management or equivalent;
- Proven previous experience of minimum 2 years in a financial management/ accounting environment;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language;
- Computer literate – knowledge and practical experience of operating Windows applications, including excel.
- Good organisational and planning skills;
- Previous working experience in EU and/or donor funded projects;
- Full driving licence.
- To assist the NI-CO Finance Team with the management of project finances and maintain accurate systems for all financial documentation relating to project accounts.
- To accurately prepare and submit payments online to the Western Union Global pay system for approval.
- To maintain an accurate record of all project transactions and ensure all appropriate documentation is retained.
- To prepare and maintain project activity logs.
- Provide assistance to the Team Leader and Key Experts in the management and implementation of the project, including planning and execution of project office budget/ expenses/ payments as well as preparing financial reports for the local office.
- To perform all other duties in support of project implementation and international team of experts as required.
A selected candidate for the above position shall be self-employed and obliged to ensure fulfilment of local employment obligations and social benefits according the relevant national legislation (taxes, social security). The selected candidate will sign a contract with Northern Ireland Co-operation Overseas (NI-CO).
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documentation in English:
- Motivation Letter (together with salary expectations),
- CV in Europass format,
- Scanned copies of supporting documents for references.
Please submit the above documentation via e-mail to email@example.com by 25th January 2019, until 16:00 CET, at the latest. Please include the following in the subject of the correspondence: ‘KS 2018/399-725 FO recruitment’.
Applications received after the closing deadline and/or submitted by any other means (e.g. by fax) or delivered to other addresses or submitted in other languages than the English language will not be considered. No telephone calls please. Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview.
Shkruani në detaje shqetësimin tuaj.