Position: Language Assistant (up to 3 positions)
Position reference: KS 2018/399-725 LA
Duration: 12 months (possibility to extend for additional 27 months; indicative starting date: from mid-February 2019)
Location: Pristina (travel to the regions will be required)
Type of contract: Full time service contract
Northern Ireland Co-operation Overseas (NI-CO) is a leading partner implementing an EU funded Grant Action “Support to Kosovo Police Reform”. The overall objective of this Grant Action is consolidated and improved Kosovo Police for an effective and publicly accountable police service that respects human rights, the rule of law, operating according to international standards and practices and provides significant success in fighting all types of crimes and providing public safety.
The abovementioned Grant Action is funded by the European Union and will be implemented as a joint action between Northern Ireland Co-operation Overseas (NI-CO), Dutch Centre for International Legal Co-operation (CILC), Croatian Ministry of Interior (MoI) and the Kosovo Police.
- Recognised formal qualification in translation, interpretation and languages;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language and Albanian and/or Serbian language;
- Proven experience of interpreting at both informal and formal workshops/seminars or similar activities;
- Proven experience of translating documents in a timely and accurate manner, from Albanian/Serbian to English and vice versa, including experience of translating legal documentation;
- Computer literate – extensive knowledge and practical experience of operating Windows applications, including word processing, e-mail and excel;
- Flexibility and maturity of judgment. Ability to work under direction and also to use own initiative.
- Good organisational and planning skills;
- Previous working experience in EU and/or donor funded projects, in particular in the security sector;
- Previous experience of working with the Kosovo Police or other law enforcement agency;
- Full driving licence.
- To provide satisfactory translation of documents/regulations/training materials/briefing materials and other written material from English to Albanian/Serbian and vice versa.
- Interpret at meetings/workshops/seminars/conferences from English into Albanian/Serbian and vice versa.
- To proofread documents to ensure good quality and timeliness of translated documents.
- To support the international long and short term experts in the execution of their responsibilities and tasks when appropriate.
- The Language Assistant must be committed to his/her work and willing to work occasionally outside ordinary business hours.
- To perform all other duties in support of project implementation, as required.
A selected candidate for the above position shall be self-employed and obliged to ensure fulfilment of local employment obligations and social benefits according the relevant national legislation (taxes, social security). The selected candidate will sign a contract with Northern Ireland Co-operation Overseas (NI-CO).
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documentation in English:
- Motivation Letter (together with salary expectations),
- CV in Europass format,
- Scanned copies of supporting documents for references.
Please submit the above documentation via e-mail to email@example.com by 25th January 2019, until 16:00 CET, at the latest. Please include the following in the subject of the correspondence: ‘KS 2018/399-725 LA recruitment’.
Applications received after the closing deadline and/or submitted by any other means (e.g. by fax) or delivered to other addresses or submitted in other languages than the English language will not be considered. No telephone calls please. Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview.
Shkruani në detaje shqetësimin tuaj.