Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in monitoring and analysing on a broad range of human rights and rule of law issues in Kosovo and supports the drafting of reports based on information gathered through research and personal interviews on the basis of instruction received from supervisor(s);
- Providing pre-assessments of court procedure and/or legal documents with regard to Human Rights standards and Rule of Law principles;
- Assisting in managing Human Rights and Rule of Law projects within the unified budget and based on extra-budgetary funding, including preparing draft project proposals, assisting in the project budgeting and in the logistics of single activities;
- Conducting (internet) research on a broad range of Rule of Law issues as well as on Human Rights and Community Rights subjects;
- Maintaining regular contacts with members of other international and local institutions;
- Reviewing the local media on a daily basis for legal developments related to Human Rights and Community Rights issues in the justice sector and/or legislative drafting;
- Translating legal documents and other relevant legal texts drafted by the section;
- Accompanying the supervisor(s) to provide interpretation (consecutively and simultaneous) services during meetings, conferences seminars, round table meetings, etc., prepares minutes and reports on those events, as requested.
- In close cooperation with procurement, organizes meetings and seminars, notifying participants of time, date and subject matter including preparatory work and other logistics;
- Collecting, reviewing, sorting out and distributing incoming mail, dispatching outgoing mail, maintaining the supervisors’ calendar and scheduling appointments; organizing the office files, ensures the availability of office supplies, etc
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completed secondary school supplemented by formal studies in law, social science, administration or languages
- Minimum 4 years working experience in an administrative position in a Legal Office, preferably with international organisations or governmental agencies; working experience and/or knowledge in the areas of human rights and/or rule of law. Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and of local languages; It will be an asset to know any other local language;
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1054.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions
How to apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE’s online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Shkruani në detaje shqetësimin tuaj.