Extra Bugetary psot (ExB)
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Section/Deputy Director (CSDS), and technical guidance including task distribution from the Senior Programme Assistant, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Acts as focal point for the Local Public Safety Committees (LPSC) Project Managers under the CSDS/DSPS ExB project. Co-ordinates process of drafting and implementation of LPSC Initiatives/Projects and prepares updates and reviews for review by the supervisor. Facilitates the development of LPSC initiatives with main focus on construction related issues and provides advice and support to LPSC project managers throughout project cycle. Ensures that the drafted LPSC Initiatives/Projects are in compliance with ExB project objectives;
- Ensures that LPSC Coordinators are aware of reporting requirements, deadlines and coaches them on how to prepare proper weekly reports and evaluations of implemented LPSC Initiatives/Projects. Acts as a focal point for the internal evaluation of implemented LPSC Initiatives/Projects and prepares reports and follow-up plans with main focus on construction related Initiatives/Projects;
- Coordinates and ensures effective operational management of ExB project through co-operation with the Department of Administration and in close cooperation with Procurement and Contractual Services prepares:
Scope of works (SOWs) for construction related activities within one (1) month after signing the contract
Terms of References (ToRs) for procurement for announcing Tender within one (1) week after completing SOWs
Evaluations for Tender results within five (5) working days after receiving the final results from the Mission’s Procurement
Certificate of Substantial Completion for contracted companies within two (2) weeks after completion of actual construction works
Final Evaluation Report for Construction works within one (1) week after issuing certificates of Substantial Completion for contracted companies
- Acts as Section’s focal point for collecting ideas, drafting, presenting and following up of LPSC Initiatives/Projects, as part of ExB project. Assists LPSC Project Managers throughout ExB project Cycle in order to increase the Section’s input and number of drafted, approved and implemented LPSC Initiatives/Projects as part of ExB project.
- Develops and maintains accurate electronic and hard copy project archive:
Takes full responsibility for maintaining ExB project Information in the filling Systems in both hard and electronic copy
Maintains and updates contact lists, files, reports, correspondence and relevant material, as part of ExB project
Takes care of providing Project manager with specifications for raising Purchase Requisitions (PRs) for construction related LPSC Initiatives /Projects, as well as follow-up of procurement related administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Secondary education supplemented by formal studies, administrative or project management courses and/or in civil engineering or architecture.
- Possession of valid driving license
- A minimum of six years of continuous relevant working experience is a must. Experience in an international or mission environment is highly desirable.
- Ability to programme a number of minor projects simultaneously using the critical path method enabling leveling of manpower, materials and equipment, good understanding of related engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical)
- Experience in preparation of Scope of Works (SOWs), Terms of References (TORs), tender related documentation
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Computer literate with practical experience with windows applications, Novell GroupWise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1212.58 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE’s online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered
Shkruani në detaje shqetësimin tuaj.